what’s going on?
“this moment is, first and foremost, about native liberation, self determination, and native survival. that needs to be centered and celebrated.” – kelly hayes
members of standing rock, alongside allies, have been camping since april 1st, 2016 in peaceful protest against the fossil fuel industry to resist the construction of a $3.78 billion crude-oil dakota access pipeline in north dakota. the pipeline is being built through sacred sites and under the missouri river, running 1/4 of a mile from standing rock reservation and its water supply. when the pipe bursts or cracks, all the water along standing rock’s river will be contaminated within a matter of hours. this local waterway is life for the surrounding native tribes that depend on it for its clean water source. without access to clean water, their health, safety, and ability to live on the land is threatened.
now that the army corps of engineers has approved construction of the pipeline, we are being called for all of us to show up. the protests got very little attention to no media attention until the recent escalations, but we’re excited to see the uprising of support from our community. we are here to stand in solidarity with them, camp out, and use our bodies and voices to physically stop construction of the pipeline.*
what you need to know about the dakota access pipeline:
this is life at the sacred stone camp.
what is teeki doing for standing rock?
teeki is going to standing rock to support the cause and love up on the whole. we’re bringing a bus full of supplies and making our presence known. we’re going to dance with grace and to capture the truth. come with us so we can love up on some sacred waters together! stay tuned for more details.
how can i take action?
talk about it.
tag your friends and reshare this post. feel free to copy and paste 🙂
i stand with standing rock. the dakota access pipeline must be stopped, our people be heard, and our clean water be protected. #nodapl #waterislife #standingrock #mniwiconi #istandwithstandingrock #teekistandswithstandingrock
**be sure to geotag your location standing rock, north dakota or check in to that location via facebook.
meet us at standing rock.
we’ll be arriving mid november with supplies, love, and an abundance of teeki girls for support. if you’d like to attend in person and can volunteer, please contact sacred stone camp to get more information on location, volunteer information, etc. http://sacredstonecamp.org/contact. you can review the on site resource packet here.
sign these petitions:
sign the white house petition: bit.ly/standingrockwh
sign to stop the dakota access pipeline: https://www.change.org/p/jo-ellen-darcy-stop-the-dakota-access-pipeline
sign to stop militarized response to standing rock water protectors: https://www.change.org/p/president-obama-stop-militarized-response-to-standing-rock-water-protectors
sign to tell obama to stop the dakota pipeline: https://actionsprout.io/56591e
support no dakaota access pipeline amendment now: https://actionsprout.io/3f75af
sign to ban dangerous oil pipelines: https://actionsprout.io/168b09
support the sacred stone camp with contributions
contribute to legal defense fund: https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/d19faf
contribute via gofundme: https://www.gofundme.com/sacredstonecamp
donate to the dapl fund. donations will be used for legal, sanitary and emergency purposes: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=trnyf3eqbkpj2
contact the following people and request to rescind the dakota access pipeline permit
call the white house at (202) 456-111 or (202) 456-1414
email at https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/
call the army corps of engineers (202) 761-5903
call north dakota governor jack dalrymple at (701) 328-2200
call or email your congressional representatives and senators
contact denis mcdonough, chief of staff to the president: email@example.com (202) 456-3182
contact jo-ellen darcy, assistant secretary of army corp of engineers: firstname.lastname@example.org (703)697-8986
tell the executives of energy transfer partners, l.p. to stop building the pipeline
lee hanse, evp (210) 403-6455 email@example.com
glenn emery, vp (210) 403-6762 firstname.lastname@example.org
michael (cliff) waters, lead analyst (713) 989-2404 email@example.com
vicki granado, public relations (214) 599-8785 firstname.lastname@example.org
call the morton county sheriff’s office
the sheriff’s phone number: 701-667-3330
contact ferc (federal energy regulatory commission)
call the governor of north dakota
the governor has called for support from the national guard which may raise tensions and militarize this peaceful protest to protect sacred water. ask the governor not to do this. also, tell the office of governor dalrymple the job of state police is to protect the water protectors.
office of governor
state of north dakota
http://www.governor.nd.gov/contact-us [to send an email]
you can send supplies directly to sacred stone camp from their amazon wishlist.
supplies, cash, or check donations can be sent to:
sacred stone camp p.o. box 1011, fort yates, nd 58538
202 main street fort yates, nd 58538
>>at this time they have a surplus of clothes and are only seeking very warm, good condition coats, sweaters, and other winter wear.
- FIREWOOD (PREFERABLY OAK, MAPLE, ASH)
- TIPIS/TIPI POLES/TIPI LINERS FOR WINTER
- PICK-UP TRUCK W/ 4 WHEEL DRIVE
- TRAILERS/CAMPERS (FOR WINTER SHELTERS)
- SNOW TIRES – VARIOUS SIZES
- GIFT CARDS FOR LOWES OR MENARDS (THERE IS NO HOME DEPOT NEARBY)
- WALL TENTS WITH WOODSTOVES AND POLES
- SLEEPING BAGS FOR SUBZERO TEMPERATURES (INC. MILITARY STYLE)
FULL SUPPLY LIST
- BANNERS, SHEETS (WE LOVE IT WHEN YOU MAKE BANNERS AND SEND THEM TO US!)
- BATTERY PACKS FOR CHARGING PHONES
- CANVAS – HEAVY DUTY ONLY PLEASE
- CAR PORTS
- CARTS AND WHEELBARROWS FOR HAULING WOOD
- CIGARETTES-MARLBORO REDS AND CAMELS
- COME ALONGS
- FIREWOOD (PREFERABLY OAK, MAPLE, ASH) <<< THIS IS ONE OF OUR BIGGEST WINTER NEEDS
- FIRE EXTINGUISHERS
- FUR BLANKETS
- TESORO GAS CARDS
- GAS GENERATORS
- GIFT CARDS – LOWES/MENARDS, AMAZON, VERIZON
- INSULATED CARHARTT TYPE COVERALLS, OVERALLS, COATS
- MATERIAL FOR TOBACCO TIES (ALL COLORS)
- PAINT (INC. SPRAY PAINT)
- PICK UP TRUCK
- POWER INVERTER
- PROPANE HEATERS (SMALL)
- ROPES, TIE DOWNS
- SHIPPING CONTAINER 20 FT
- SLEEPING BAGS (FOR 0 DEGREES F AND LOWER – PLEASE NO WARM WEATHER BAGS AT THIS TIME)
- SNOW TIRES (INQUIRE FOR SIZES)
- SOLAR CHARGERS FOR ELECTRONIC DEVICES
- SOLAR PANELS, INVERTER
- STORAGE BINS – HEAVY DUTY – ALL SIZES
- TARPS – HEAVY DUTY ONLY
- TIRE CHAINS
- TENTS (THAT CAN STAND UP TO HIGH WINDS, SNOW, SUBZERO TEMPS)
- THERMAL BED ROLLS
- TIPIS AND TIPI POLES
- TIPI LINERS FOR WINTER
- TOW STRAPS
- WALKIE TALKIES WITH LONG RANGE, CB RADIOS
- WATER BUFFALO (TANK)
- WATER TANK WITH HEATER
- WINTER COATS (FOR VERY COLD TEMPS, GOOD CONDITION ONLY PLEASE)
- WINTER SALT FOR ROADS
- WOOD STOVES (MOSTLY SMALL ONES FOR TIPIS)
- YOUNG WARRIORS!!
organize community actions to support a clean energy future.
get inspired by these action points to raise awareness around reducing our dependence on fossil fuels and securing a clean energy future.
- attend your local or town board meeting, get climate change and renewable energy on the agenda
- host a community screening of an environmental documentary.
- choose solar and wind to support your home energy needs
- organize a fun and entertaining street theatre performance about climate change at your local community center or highly trafficked public area, such as a park or mall
- switch to a more fuel efficient transportation alternative
- actively choose to engage on the climate once a day, whether it be by using alternative transportation, eating a vegan meal, or having you and a friend sign a petition
- visit nature (without harming it)
- read the works of john muir, martin luther king jr, malcolm x, susan b. anthony, bill mckibben
- carry your trash for 5 day challenge
- commit to going plastic free for a month
- make an awesome protest sign for the next rally
- create change
- just create!
- tell everyone that you love them
we support peaceful protection of our land. watch the video to see we’re not protesters, we’re land protectors.
in addition to taking action, we invite you to sit, pray, and partake in other forms of spiritual practice. hear our prayer.
howdy americas and beyond the time and the prophecy of heaven on earth is now. it is time to see the abundance that is here for every living creature in every galaxy. it’s about the good beauty way, clean water prayers, and the coming together of all tribes. we have dedicated our lives and our every action to loving up on this sweet mama earth of ours. we’re calling out in all directions far and wide for an awakening in perspective and consciousness and a deep prayer to love ourselves and our water. there needs to be an expansive evolution for the way we unconsciously and consciously walk on this planet and how we treat ourselves and the way that others treat our co existence. and it starts with us. this is our water. this is our life. now is the time to pay so much attention to detail. to the vibrations that we carry and that we use to create. positive thoughts of victory for every child of the earth. coming from the way of living and actualizing the peace love and beauty truth.
additional resources and citations