Terms and Conditions
Legal Purchase Age
Types of Information Collected
The following information is provided by teeki.com to enable our online visitors to be fully informed of our Privacy Policies. The Site collects certain information when you interact with the Site. For example, the Site may collect "Personal Information" which is data that can be used to identify an individual, as defined by applicable law. The Site may also collect data that does not identify you specifically. The following is a list of data that we may collect and process about you:
- Information that you provide by filling out forms on the Site. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Site; subscribe to any services offered on the Site including but not limited to interactive services (such newsletters, etc.); enter a competition or promotion sponsored by teeki.com; complete a survey; or report a problem with the Site;
- Any information you may provide when you contact us or send us a correspondence;
- Details of any transactions you carry out through the Site including the placement of any orders by you; and
- Details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, your computer’s IP address, password information, page interaction information, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other data about the resources that you access.
What Personal Information Do We Collect From You and How?
teeki.com collects personal information in several ways when you place an order, buy a gift voucher for a friend or register for a service offered by teeki.com. If an order is placed with us, we need to hold personal information including your name, email address, phone numbers, home address, shipping and credit card billing address(es) so that we can process and fulfill your order. We only save credit card information for those customers that have registered on the Site. Saved card details will never be shared with third parties and will only be used to process your order, using our payment partner's systems. Additionally we may also obtain information as a result of authentication or identity checks. Sometimes we may ask for your telephone number. This number may be given to our courier for delivery services. These details allow us to process your order and to let you know the status of your order.
- Traffic monitoring, for example, the IP address from which you access the Site, the type of browser and operating system used to access the site, the date and time of your access to the site, the pages you visit, and the Internet address of the website from which you accessed our Site;
- To recognize repeat visitors for statistical/analytical purposes; or
- Anonymous tracking of interaction with online advertising, for example, to monitor the number of times that a banner ad is displayed and the number of times it is clicked.
We may connect the information that we collect through cookies with other Personal Information that you provide to us. Such purposes are:
- To customize or personalize your experience of the Site; for example, so that we can greet you on the site by name;
- For transactional purposes, such as credit card sales; or
- To monitor your use of the Site in order to make our communications with you as relevant as possible; for example, by sending you email communications relevant to the parts of the Site that you visit most often or by letting you know about features of the Site that you have not accessed previously.
We may compile and report to third parties (such as advertisers) aggregate statistics about our users in terms of numbers, traffic patterns and related site information. If you choose not to receive cookies, you may still use most of the features of our website, including the ability to purchase items.
How Personal Information May Be Used, Including Anyone It Might Be Shared With
teeki.com may use your personal information for the processing of orders, payments and to provide you with a personalized shopping experience. We will also use your details to fulfill and deliver your orders and manage your account. Personal Information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information. Your personal information may also be shared with other trading divisions within the teeki.com group. Where there is a legal obligation to do so, we may disclose your information to any relevant regulatory body. We do collate statistical information about site traffic, sales and other commercial information which we may pass on to trusted third parties but these statistics do not include any information that can identify you personally. We see this as a value-added service helping you to find useful products or services. We strive to limit use of your information to those offers that we think you would appreciate receiving. Finally, we may use your personal information for our internal marketing and demographic studies, together with non-personal data to monitor customer patterns so we can consistently improve our site design to better meet our visitors’ needs. If we change our policy on disclosure to others, we will inform you and give you the choice of opting out.
In addition to disclosures identified in the purposes above, from time to time we may disclose Personal Information to:
- Our service providers and subcontractors, including our affiliates, retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us, such as warehousing and delivery; marketing and advertising; data processing; software development; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, accounting, audit and other professional service providers; and further provided such service provider does not collect, use or disclose the personal information for any purpose other than to perform such functions or to provide services to us or as otherwise required by law;
- Unaffiliated service providers with whom teeki.com may subcontract, including website hosting companies, fulfillment companies and other third party service providers;
- The prospective seller or buyer of teeki.com’s business or assets, including where teeki.com or substantially all of teeki.com’s assets is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
Opt-in And Opt-out Provisions
Access And Change Personal Information Teeki.com Maintains
If for any reason you are concerned that the personal information held by teeki.com is not correct, please visit the website and, after logging into the site using the "Account Login" link, your personal information will be made available for review and change in the "My Account" section. Only you or, upon your request, the Customer Care department, may access your personal data from the website using your password and User ID. Information may be changed online within My Details, Shipping Details, and My Preferences. You can change or delete saved credit card details each time you make a purchase. You will also be able to delete saved credit card details by adding or editing a shipping/billing address. If you change your billing or shipping address while your order is still being processed, the order will be re-processed through customer finance check. If you prefer, you may contact our customer support team
who can amend your personal details.
Safeguarding Your Personally Identifiable Information
We will only collect personally identifiable information to the extent deemed reasonably necessary to serve you in view of our legitimate business purposes as set out above, and we will use our best endeavors to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided us with. When you place an order or access your account information, we use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption that encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect it from unauthorized use. In addition, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that third party business partners to whom we transfer any data will provide sufficient protection of that personal information. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of the data you transmit to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use reasonable efforts to try to prevent unauthorized access.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your email address, we may notify you by email.
Teeki.com International Shipping And Customs Disclosure
International orders are subject to duties and taxes billed by your country's customs department upon arrival. Duty, customs tariffs, taxes, and VAT are set by the destination country. Teeki is not responsible for any duties, customs, tariffs, taxes and VATs applied to your package. You will be responsible for paying additional charges for customs clearance. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; please contact your local customs office for further information. Teeki is required by law to declare all items at their full price and cannot alter this amount to decrease international custom fees.
If you refuse a shipment from Teeki, you are responsible for the original shipping charges, any import fees that are incurred on the package, and the cost of returning the package to Teeki. This amount will be deducted from your merchandise refund. If the return fee exceeds the amount of the merchandise plus shipping costs, the package will be abandoned and you will not be refunded.
Teeki cannot guarantee the delivery date for any international order. Certain items on our website may be unavailable for international shipping. Teeki is not responsible for any taxes, fees, charges, or shipping costs for items that cannot be imported into your destination country.
TEEKI SALES AND USE TAX POLICY STATEMENT
We have prepared this sales tax policy statement to explain to you when and why we collect sales tax on your purchases.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Even if we do not collect sales tax from you, you may owe sales tax on your purchase. Unless you live in Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, or Oregon, your state most likely requires purchasers to report and pay tax on all purchases that are not taxed at the time of sale. The tax may be reported and paid on your individual income tax return or by filing a consumer use tax return. For more information, please visit your state's department of revenue website.
Teeki collects sales tax in states where we have physical presence (or nexus), including California.
Teeki does not collect sales tax in any state NOT listed above because teeki is not required to collect sales or use tax in these states.
FOR OUR TAX-EXEMPT CUSTOMERS:
Teeki does not collect sales tax if we have your exemption certificate on file.
RETURN POLICY FOR SALE ITEMS
All sale items are final sale,
thus we cannot offer returns or exchanges for these items for any reason. This includes holiday sales, site-wide or product specific flash sales, and items purchased using sale codes. We thank you for understanding this policy!
Where And How To Ask Questions Or File Complaints
Before you send us an email, please note the following: If you have turned off cookies in your browser, we will not be able to track your order, which means you will be unable to make purchases from our site. Also, if you have turned off cookies, we will be unable to recognize you as a registered customer who has saved your info with us, so you will be unable to access (or change or delete) your account information. Linking to our site from another website may cause technical issues for some Internet Explorer 6.0 users. If you are using Internet Explorer 6.0 and are having difficulty on our site, check your privacy settings in your browser and set them to "Medium". If you do not wish to change your privacy settings to "Medium" and you are currently using the "Medium High" or "High" setting, you may choose to override your current cookie handling practices for individual sites that you specify. Still have a question or comment? Please contact us via our Contact Form
. Be sure to include the type of browser and operating system you are using.